Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Re-flashing feature status
Re-flashing feature status

2252 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2015-10-26 18:33:56

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    Coopers Auto
    2015-10-25 10:33:17
      We bought this tool specifically for the feature of re-flashing modules. We were very disappointed to find out this feature has been removed. Basically, without this feature we now will have to go out and purchase a laptop and pay subscriptions to the OEM's to get what we already payed for.  So, does anyone have any information as to why it was removed and when or if it will be put back into the machine? I also notice others have asked this before and got no response from AUTEL. Does anyone have any links to any statements regarding this issue from AUTEL? Is this the kind of customer service we can expect? If so, this tool will go straight back to where we bought it.

•   Level 3   
    (99) points
    saulvg

2015-10-25 10:40:37 (Reply to:Coopers Auto)

Customer service is pretty non existing around here. The only answers you will get from support here are: Update to newest software. Send a data log. And we're working on it. Don't expect any real help from support. I like the maxisys and it works well for me, but from what i seen don't expect much from support. 

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    Coopers Auto
    2015-10-25 10:58:43 (Reply to:saulvg)
     It's about what I figured. Shame really. They have potential but removing the re-flash feature may be a deal breaker. The more I read the more I find it was never really functional anyway. So what they were really selling was actually just 2 separate tools in 1 box. The problem is, this is not how they advertise it.

•   Level 7   
    (1143) points
    Matronix

2015-10-25 12:28:12 (Reply to:Coopers Auto)

What do you mean with removed?

It was there only for BMW and Benz if I recall. All the rest was done by laptop and the J2534 pass through unit?

Programming of modules and coding should still be around, but that is not what you mean?

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-10-26 01:24:37 (Reply to:Coopers Auto)

Dear Sir, please explain better what you mean by removing the re-flash. Because they still here and better.

Witch brands you need to work? 

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-10-26 03:29:03 (Reply to:Coopers Auto)

What brand do you mean? RE-Falshing features are only available in Benz and BMW in maxisys pro. For others, you need to use J2534 with the OEM subscription. 

•   Level 2   
    (20) points
    Coopers Auto
    2015-10-26 11:59:28 (Reply to:Support02)
     Well seeing as I live in Canada, I need North American brands.
    There are videos of people using it to re-program general motors products. So where did that go?  Now you state that re-programming is only available for BMW and Benz, if so, that should be made clear in your ads and on the site. Suggesting that it will do re-programming for most makes,  from within the tablet is considered, by some, as false advertising. 

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2015-10-26 18:33:56 (Reply to:Coopers Auto)

I would say you'll get your money's worth with only the scan tool but since you bought the Pro instead of the regular  Maxi Sys , now you will have to come up with about $300-$400 more to update it  than if you just purchased a regular MS908. $300-$400 more for updating  just for server access for files for  programming Mercedes and BMWs you may not need unless you specialize or in the body shop business side. If I had a high end 7 series Beemer or Benz and someone with an aftermarket scanner told me it needs a module updated off a server from a Chinese scanner company and be charged a $100 to update it to the latest calibration, I would say No Thanks, because you will pay the tow and eat the module and labor if something goes wrong. My wife's old Saturn or my old Ford maybe , just go to the junk yard and try again on those, LOL
      For those who buy a Maxi Flash Pro and pair the J2534 VCI to your regular Maxi Sys , then it becomes  a Maxi Sys Pro and you might find out you don't program enough Mercedes and BMWs to be worth paying that extra $300-$400 more it costs to update a Maxi Sys Pro, you are SOL and can't go back to updating it as a regular Maxi Sys again.  When reflashing success  with OE subscription become more common place using it off a laptop , the Maxi Flash VCI would become more attractive to me .
  Total1 Pages